Share your true guitar horror story for a chance to win a FREE Guitar Case Rack!
Step 1: Submit Your Story
Did your dog pee on your vintage Strat? Did your kid fingerpaint on your prized Les Paul? Did you fall off stage and break your favorite Gibson? Submit your sob story about a damaged guitar for a chance to win a FREE guitar case rack. Submit story below.
Step 2: Get Votes
(10/26/14 – 10/31/14)
Voting will be open to the general public. You will have the ability to ask your friends to vote for your submission. We’ll even give you handy links to easily share your submission with your Facebook friends, Twitter followers and e-mail buddies.
Step 3: Collect Your Prize!
(Results revealed on 11/1/14)
The top vote getter at the close of the voting window will win a free Studio™ Standard Guitar Case Rack! All other published contestants, regardless of how many votes you collect, will receive a $25 coupon at the conclusion of the contest.
- Word Count: between 75 and 300 words.
- Submissions must pertain to a true story of guitar damage or loss.
- All material should be in good taste, suitable for all ages, and free of profanity. We retain the right to reject any submission for any reason.
- Eligibility: You must be a resident of the continental US only (the prize will be shipped to your contiguous US residence). GuitarStorage.com employees or employee family member are ineligible.
- Only 1 vote per individual. We will utilize behind-the-scenes tools to track who votes. If we suspect that individuals are voting multiple times for the same submission, we may pull the submission from the contest.
My girlfriend’s cat mangled my vintage Telecaster!
In May ’06 my girlfriend and her cat moved in. I got a decent sized guitar collection, 11 and counting. I play rhythm guitar in a band and we use my house for practice so there’s always even more guitars strewn everywhere. This was never a problem for me until my girlfriend and her devil cat arrived.
Not even 3 weeks after the new living arrangement did I awake to find my prized possession, and soul, scarred for life. Her feline friend spent the night clawing the sides of my vintage 1975 Fender Telecaster Thinline guitar. Not just surface scratches. The cat clawed off a good 2” section of the finish around the jack input!!!
Needless to say, that’s the last day I left one of my guitars out of their case. And also the last day that cat remained un-neutered.
Submit Your Story
The submission window is currently closed.
2014 Contest Polling/Results