Boveda 2-Way Humidity Control Kit for Guitar Cases
Adds AND removes moisture inside your guitar case.
Temporarily Out of Stock
Get notified when this product is replenished.
AS FEATURED IN
If you take your acoustic guitar seriously, then you need to seriously take care of your instrument’s delicate wood components. Little else will cause greater damage to your prized instruments than storing them in an environment where the temperature and humidity greatly fluctuate.
And unless you’re Mother Nature herself, controlling the humidity is no easy task. Fortunately there’s an alternate solution – the Boveda 2 Way Humidity Control Kit. These ingenious packets will both add or remove moisture to the environment inside your acoustic guitar case – whichever dynamic is necessary to achieve an optimal RH level between 45-55% inside the closed case.
How can it possibly do both? Well, the packet has several components. They’re one part natural salts. And one part specially prepared saturated solution of pure water. This saturated solution is contained within a water-vapor permeable “reverse osmosis” membrane.
Just grab two unwrapped Boveda packets, place each inside it’s own leak-resistant pouch (included), and drape one of them over the strings, with the ends falling into the sound hole. And the other should be nestled just underneath the headstock near where it meets the fretboard. IMPORTANT – For use in cases, do NOT use the packets without the pouch holders. Then carefully shut the guitar case, making sure not to crush the packets, and let the 2-way system do it’s magic!
- Q: Why is this system better than the 1-way options on the market?
- A: The reason this method is superior is that with 1-way humidification, as the water evaporates the humidity levels will nosedise. That sudden and drastic change can wreak havoc on your delicate instrument.
- Q: How long will the packets last?
- A: In the display cabinet, it can vary based on the climate of the room. In a guitar case, usually it’s 2 to 6 months, but that’s based on the quality of the case, the climate, season of the year, and other factors. Regardless, you will know the packet needs replacing when it becomes rigid.
- Q: Can different RH level packets be used inside the same guitar case.
- A: That’s not a good idea because the two different packets will compete against each other and therefore reduce their efficiency.
- Q: Will it work in soft cases or gig bags?
- A: Not really because soft cases and gig bags are not sealed nearly as well as a hard case. Instead, they’re made from materials that let a lot of air in, which will significantly reduce the lifespan of the packets.
- Q: How about wooden cases?
- A: It’s not going to work well because wood is a porous material.
To Calculate Shipping: Click the “Add to Cart” button.
Delivery Timeframe: Your order should depart from our warehouse within 5 business days and is sent via UPS Ground. A tracking number will be emailed to you directly from UPS as soon as the shipment is en-route.
Payment Processing: We will not charge your credit card until the item is ready to ship.
We take pride in our craftsmanship. If a product arrives damaged, please email us photos (required) of the damaged component and the box in which it was shipped and notify us immediately (i.e., within the first 15 days of your delivery date) and we will ship you replacements for the damaged parts and issue return shipping for the damaged parts (if we require the damaged parts to be returned).
For non-damaged returns, we must be notified via email within the first 30 days of your delivery date. We will take back the product and issue a full refund of your purchase price, minus the return and the initial shipping cost. All returns must arrive at our receiving location in perfect, unused, and resellable condition. Please notify us via e-mail as to the reason for the return as well as your name, address, order number and name of product purchased. We will then contact you with a Return Authorization # and instructions on where and how to make the return. Please keep all original packaging to make the return.
NOTE: Please allow 15 business days from the time the item is returned to process a refund. Please note credit card refunds may not appear until the following billing cycle.
You may also like…
Boveda 2-Way Humidity Control Replacement 4-Packs4 Packs for use in ShowCase™ Guitar Display Cabinets$15.99 View Details
Guitar Case Humidifiers by Oasis®Let's you see when it's ready to refill.$20.95 View Details
The Session-Pro™ Double-Stack Mobile Guitar & Case Shelf RacksHeavy duty shelves can support a collection of solid body guitars$1,209 – $1,219 View Details
The ShowCase™ Deluxe Guitar Display CaseWall-hung cabinet with LED lighting and humidity control system.$89 – $1,049 View Details