- Product ID:
Shipping calculated on Cart page.
HOLIDAY SAVINGS!FREE Shipping on products over $100.
Early Bird Coupon!
Signup now to receive an early bird coupon with $40 savings as soon as this product is available for sale.
Sorry, this variation item is out of stock. Either you could purchase a different variation, or you could enter your name and e-mail address below, and we'll notify you as soon as it's available for purchase.
Sorry, this item is out of stock. Please enter your name and e-mail address below, and we'll notify you as soon as it's available for purchase.
Need help? Call 267-626-6123
If you take your acoustic guitar seriously, then you need to seriously take care of your instrument's delicate wood components. Little else will cause greater damage to your prized instruments than storing them in an environment where the temperature and humidity greatly fluctuate.
And unless you're Mother Nature herself, controlling the humidity is no easy task. Fortunately there's an alternate solution - the Boveda 2 Way Humidity Control Kit. These ingenious packets will both add or remove moisture to the environment inside your acoustic guitar case - whichever dynamic is necessary to achieve an optimal RH level between 40-60% inside the closed case.
How can it possibly do both? Well, the packet has several components. They're one part natural salts. And one part specially prepared saturated solution of pure water. This saturated solution is contained within a water-vapor permeable “reverse osmosis” membrane.
Just grab two unwrapped Boveda packets, place each inside it's own leak-resistant pouch (included), and drape one of them over the strings, with the ends falling into the sound hole. And the other should be nestled just underneath the headstock near where it meets the fretboard. IMPORTANT - Do NOT use the packets without the pouch holders. Then carefully shut the guitar case, making sure not to crush the packets, and let the 2-way system do it's magic!
- Q: Why is this system better than the 1-way options on the market?
- A: The reason this method is superior is that with 1-way humidification, as the water evaporates the humidity levels will nosedise. That sudden and drastic change can wreak havoc on your delicate instrument.
- Q: How long will the packets last?
- A: Usually it's 2 to 6 months, but that's based on the quality of the guitar case, the climate, season of the year, and other factors. Regardless, you will know the packet needs replacing when it becomes rigid.
- Q: Can different RH level packets be used inside the same guitar case.
- A: That's not a good idea because the two different packets will compete against each other and therefore reduce their efficiency.
- Q: Will it work in soft cases or gig bags?
- A: Not really because soft cases and gig bags are not sealed nearly as well as a hard case. Instead they're made from materials that let a lot of air in, which will significantly reduce the lifespan of the packets.
- Q: How about wooden cases?
- A: It's not going to work well because wood is a porous material.
To Calculate Shipping: Click the “Add to Cart” button. Then enter your zip. For Alaska, Hawaii and international visitors, please fill out the INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING rate request form that's on this page.
Delivery Method: Tracking numbers will be provided as soon as the shipment is en-route. Products* are sent via FedEx Ground, typically within 3-5 business days though occassionally it may take up to 7. We'll notify you if there will be any longer delay. *Single Wall Hangers and Accessories will be sent via USPS.
Payment Processing: We will not charge your credit card or PayPal until the item is ready to ship.
We take pride in our craftsmanship, but if you’re not completely satisfied with your purchase for any reason within the first 30 days of your delivery date, we'll take back the product and issue a full refund (minus the shipping cost). Or exchange it for a product of equal value. (Read More)